Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Project Jeep: underway!

Well for the last three days I have been slowly progressing on "Project Jeep" It's a 1988 Jeep Comanche which I purchased this summer and then found out it had a busted tranny.
A rough guide of the project is as follows:
1) Removal of engine/tranny/Tcase
2) Prep of Chassis (if there is anything but rust)
3) Sourcing of new engine/tranny/TCase
4) Preping new engine
5) Reinstall of engine.

It is a very daunting task and I have picked about the worst time of year to do all this...whoops. Hopfully Janes house doesn't sell halfway through the project! LOL
Currently I have an engine/tranny/Tcase combo in my Jeep Cherokee which is earmarked for the swap. I am just hopful that everything important runs when I am done with it all!!
WHooHoo!!

-G :)

PS- Sno*Fall was a bust this year, as there were only 6 entries Tim didn't want to waste the workers time for only that many entries. Me and Father have also decided to not attend Sno*Drift this year either since the 10 hour drive isn't worth it to road marshall. :(

No comments: