Saturday, January 13, 2007

I Blame the Internet

After long thought and "introspection" I do indeed blame the internet for much of my own lifes current stagnation, along with the lives of so many people I know and live around. For people of my generation and stature, who have "grown up" with the internet and TV and video games, It is often a hard vice to rid oneself of. If only the internet were a dump truck I could hop in and drive it out of my life!

One can get so wound into the ensnaring mesh called the computer age so easily. When you can conduct all manner of communication, find dates, buy car parts, buy groceries...why leave the house? Why strive for more? I find it rather sickening at this point, since I am indeed writing this on a blog; a brainchild of the internet community itself.

So what about myself? "I thought you were a car guy, Gabe?" You're right! I am a moderistic car guy...with massive internet experience before I got into cars...it actually helped my budding enthusiasm for cars by giving me access to WRC footage and BB's for rally people. So for that I thank it. But now I sit on the ocmputer for hours every day browsing eBay looking at "what I might be able to get" and parts that I could never get access to around here. For that; I hate it!

Instead of actually going out and doing something productive i sit here on my ass dreaming about what I would have if I actually wnet out and did something with my self. WTF!? Is that not a totaly stupid and irrational train of thought? It is assinine! So from now on I am doing everything within my will power to change all this in my own life. (as for my friends; I am not their owner or guardian...I can only change so much)
So. I am hoping to turn another page, and move on. This Blog may suffer and my eBay raitng may suffer, and I am all the happier for myself.

thanks,
-G

No comments: