Sunday, November 12, 2006

2006 LSPR

A couple weeks back I attended my 4th Lake Superior Pro Rally. I recently got an email from my rally acquaintence Dave Parps (navigator and salesman) with a link to this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DUCR9-7Qe4

The LSPR is a two day event that usually falls last on the Rally America National Schedule. It is a continuation of the infamous POR rally (Press On Regardless) which makes it indirectly the longest running rally on American soil. It is one of two rallys to have ever graced the infamous WRC circuit and is often compared to the European rally roads. This year 62 cars graced the roads of the upper peninsula of the upper peninsula of Michigan for the two days of grueling stages. Conditions were mostly dry, but peppered with several muddy spots which caused more car washing than crashing.
Several cars were off by the end of the first night including the #18 car of Matt Iorio/Ole Holter, which ended their bid for the Open Class National title.
The cars looked fast from our vantage point on Echo Lake. We had a nice view overlooking a railroad crossing which we hoped woudl provide some possible air for the rally cars but sdaly it wasn't enough and the cars were not going that fast. We were running radio and got stationed with Josh who I rememebered, after some memory jogging, from my days of working at the Houghton NAPA store. Small world.

Lots of happy times as always. As LSPR is where I got my start in motorsports I always look forward to going and this year was no Let Down.

-G :)

2 comments:

morskyjezek said...

Hey, bro, ahoj! Cool. I thought there must be some reason you were posting comments under this name on NvB. :-) Gotta love the Blogger connection.

Drive safe!

p3 said...

We had some great spots for sure, and the weather held out. I'm still thinking of posting my video (would be nice to edit it a smidge).
-P3