Monday, September 15, 2008

Boredom and broken gear..

"Time flys like an arrow, fruit flys like a banana." - Groucho Marx

Great quote. I have a feeling it will be in my mind very much for the next 4 years of my life...and probably more than that but thats for another discussion.
School is going splendidly. The workload is increasing, but so far I have handled everything okay. I'm in the solid upper B range for all my classes so far. Big History test coming up on Thursday that will hopefully be in the same area.
Work is the dullest thing I have ever done. The only people who ever seem to contact my desk at night are about 99% stuff that I have no control over or have nothing to do with me.
Outside of school things are okay as well. Meeting plenty of new people from my classes and a few from the auto lab. But most as they say- What happens in Kato, Stays in Kato. :)

On a doubly sad note, I found out last night that my blender broke, and in the process of fixing it I broke it further. While researching this "Dormey 7500" handheld blender/mixer I found out that these were produced in the 40s-50s. I actually felt bad that it broke! ($16 on eBay and everything will be okay though!)

I also found out this morning that Jeff Moyle died over the weekend. A horrible loss, epsecially for the upper midwest rally community. He was only 30 years old. My heart-felt sorrows go out to his wife and young daughter, and the rest of the Moyle family.

-G

No comments: