Wednesday, September 17, 2008

...Another one bites the dust...

Chevy Silverado: Now offered with the new modular frame.
aka- What The Fuck?

The picture above was the high point of my day. Today I had a Lab for my AET class that was familiarizing myself with the hydraulic 2-post lifts we use in the shop. I volunteered my truck since I live across the street, and I wanted to put it up in the air. This would be the first time in the, roughly, year and a half I've owned it.
I had been aware of a broken brace rod across from where the pictured area is...but this I had, amazingly, NEVER seen or noticed.
For clarification: The picture is taken from behind the cab, looking forward. The beam on the right is the passenger side frame rail. The cross beam is the transmission crossmember, and it's mount on the frame. The frame bracket has fractured where it mounts to the crossmember.

Fucked. Over the last couple of days I had been getting things in order for selling the truck. Now I have no idea what to do. Depressing. No wonder I got such a good deal...

-g :(