Saturday, July 5, 2014

ABS and first real ride of the bike!

It is official! The BMW R1100S is on the road. I took it down the driveway last night once the transmission job was done, but before buttoning up the plastics. More on the transmission job later...

The one thing I did take care of when I got home from C&C this morning was to tackle the ABS reset. I have found a bunch of useful information here
http://www.largiader.com/abs/absfault.html#light
And a PDF here

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=676929

Between these two articles I made a nice little jumper to add to my BMW Motorad special tools bin. And the reset was successful!

Later I suited up in full gear, much to my amusement on this 85F day, and took her out for a spin. Put about 10 miles on the clock running down the same route I shake the Suzuki down on.
Initial observations are: lots of shake, plenty of buzz, pegs are too close to my ass for great comfort, engine clacks something fierce.

Time to go shop for summer riding gear!

-G :D

No comments: