Monday, September 1, 2014

Colorado Bound!

Hey everybody, I am finally getting around to putting down some text and sharing some pictures from our recent Colorado Adventure. I took surprisingly few pictures so this series of posts will probably be brief, but it was fun and thats all that matters!

Day 0) Go West!


Saturday morning came and we mopped from bed to the car and hit the road at about 5am. We knew this would be a long day so we had packed most of the gear the night before. We simply topped off the coolers and I grabbed some coffee and away we went.
The trip was mostly un-eventful. The truck rumbled along just fine and we watched the miles tick by.
I did see a MAN expedition rig heading north on I-29 somewhere between Omaha and Sioux City but I was driving so I didn't have time to snap a picture. They had more miles on than we did I'm sure!

We pulled into the Renaissance Hotel in Denver right as the sun was setting. We had a couple drinks in the swanky feeling hotel lobby/bar and off to bed! For the record I would definitely suggest this hotel for this type of thing. It's spendy ($150/night) but its nice and has everything you really need, even two pools. It's also close to the airport so it gets a lot of travel traffic.

No comments: