Monday, June 18, 2007

ups and downs

wow, 11 days since I posted here and so much has happened! ahhhhhhhhh
Lets start at the beginning.

Shooting Star/Northern Lights Rallies
I drove the 300+ one-way miles to Mahnomen, MN to partake in the Coefficient 1&2 action! I did a midway overnight at Duluth to break up the drive but man that northern MN stretch of US 2 is rediculous.
Got to the rally, met up with Chad and Jay finally (cell phones don't work out there in the sticks) and got the show rolling. The #687 VW Golf got a face lift since the roll at last years Lake Superior ProRally. It now sports a tasty orange/yellow paintjob applied by car owner himself: Chad Eixenberger. When asked about the new paint all he had to comment was "it's fucking yellow already"

Luckily both days were very uneventful for the car. Not even a single puncture the whole event! Overall not the best showing of speed either; but they did finnish!!

Sadly, on Saturday night i came down with a heavy fever while at Service. Which leads to part two:
Probable Lyme Disease.

I had a rather bad night Saturday and could barely sleep through the fever and headache. Sunday I managed to drive myself back to Duluth, stopping only once to sleep for an hour. There I took on some food and pretty much colapsed. From there on out the fever worsened to the point that my father took me to the ER on Monday night. That really accomplished nothing other than the blood work got started (it takes several days). They sent me home and told me to take pain meds for the fever and sleep it off. Typical. The fever and other symptoms kept coming and two days later I went to the Clinic to see and actual doctor. Luckily the two docotors there saw through everything and said "get this boy on some antibiotics" and sent me packin. 5600mg of Docxy later and I am feeling much better. Ultimately I will probably never get a positive ID of what i had but these drugs are killing it off so I don't care!! yay for properly administered modern medicine.

The last, and very positive bit, from the last while is that I was offered a ride with Chad as a Co-driver for this coming weekends MiniLSPR event. Luckily the Lymes cleared up right away so I am able to attend and try my hand at Co-driving. I will be basically using all borrowed equipment and just trying to hang on for dear life. Wish me luck!!

-G

No comments: