Saturday, May 19, 2007

Rally HO!

Okay...I really really really want to get into rally so bad right now. After much consideration I have decided to apply for a CoDriver's License rather than a driver's license.

why? to save money and time of course! I know my TSD navigating is deplorable, but Stage rally is much different and I don't have to worry so much about doing any math to make it work.

I have spent the last couple days coming to grasp with the staggering cost of stage rally. as of 1/1/08 all competitors will be required to wear Head and Neck Restraint Devices, which cost about $1000 each. Not to mention the $500+ fire suit and other goodies. So instead of worrying about the $8000+ car prep process I can spend a couple years Navigating for other people and getting really in-depth with the rally scene before diving into the car prep bit.

I will still be facing $1500 worth of safety gear right off the bat, but that is much easier to come up with than the 10,000 worth of a car.

anyway I am babbling because of all the coffee I drank so i will stop now before I go completely off the deep end or make another typo.

rally out, yo!
happy Gabe :)

No comments: