Tuesday, March 6, 2007

New parts...

well, my recent phone conversation with my mother left me rather down about how quickly my upcoming trip to AZ is! It finally struck me how fast im gona have to work to get the bimmer ready for duty. Luckily my new front apron came today so maybe I can have the front end fixed up by next week some time? That leaves the suspension, and recently assumed water pump, not to mention an oil change and general cleaning. Plus removal of the flasher that seems to be using my reverse lamps as brake lamps. :(

So I ordered a water pump off eBay when I got home...$50 plus a bunch of coolant. Right now I am researching using E30 parts on the steering rack (they are not only cheaper but also a more robust build thanks to BMW not putting polyurethane dampers in the ball joints on E30s) but that will still cost me upwards of $180 plus ANOTHER alignment. so something like $300. UNLESS i decide to get a new steering rack as well which will run an additional $150 for the rack and probably $50 worth of PS fluid and headaches getting it to work correctly.

and the biggest question of it all: can I do it in 3-4 weeks? I honestly don't know. right now the freakin Jeep is still in the garage. I can move it but it would be nice to have THAT done so i can use it while the BMW is appart.

I'm getting rather worked up just writing this...doing the work will shorten my life considerably! LOL
having fun in cyber-autoworld,
Gabe :)

No comments: